It is must to understand the fact that a disabled child faces many of the hurdles and struggles to pursue his/her basic tasks that could have been very easy for an able person. Disability itself follows a hindrance or a limitation. To recognize and to acknowledge a child with disabilities is a very painful thing for the parents and the family, the whole world gets shattered in a moment when the parents get to know that their child has been born with certain disability and would not be able to lead the life as a normal person. And then begins a grieving process of mourning, regretting and agony in the family, it is indeed extremely tough for the parents as well as for the family to actually accept the fact that; they have a disabled person among them.
Following are the usefulness of the Rehabilitation Process:
- Brings Self-sufficiency: It helps the children with disabilities to regain the confidence and independence in order to become self-reliant.
- Helps in Managing: It helps the children with disabilities as well as the family in managing the after effects of disabilities. It involves various activities that focus upon raising the efficiency of the disabled child while doing the things on his/her own.
- Directs for better handling: Prepares the family and the parents for a better and efficient handling and care taking of the children with disabilities. Rehabilitation professionals provide counselling and suggestions to the parents and the family.
- Increases Awareness: it makes the parents as well as the other family members aware about the extent and every significant factor related to the disability of the child.
- Gives support of the Community: community based rehabilitation is also a form of rehabilitation process that involves the community for providing support and motivation to the disabled children. This involves the efforts of different NGOs, organizations, citywide organizations that are working for the welfare of the children with disabilities.