Youth International Day has been ear-marked in the calendar to celebrate the creativity, energy and potential of the youth of the world. We are full of dreams and this is the time of our life when we have the ability to fulfil them too. Unfortunately, in this rat race, we often forget some things that make life worthwhile.
Here are some of the things that the youth forgets and needs to remember all his life!
- Growing up!– Most of us think that growing up is synonymous with taking yourself over-seriously. We become so interested in acting mature; we start thinking that a light dance or biking or singing are activities that are reserved for the younger people.
- Being creative!– In our desire to fulfil our goals, we stop being creative unless the goal involves being creative (of course). Remember making sand-castles by the sea? Well! you can still do that. Creativity is a part of the human nature. It helps the mind feel lighter after giving vent to all that you need to express.
- Little joys that matter– We all aim at doing something big in our life. This keeps us on our toes but it also keeps us obsessed with our goals. ‘Success is a journey and not a destination.’ Keep enjoying the little moments while keeping your eyes on the big picture. Live your life one day at a time.
- Inter-personal relationships– According to research, our inter-personal relationships make our lives more fulfilling and happier more than anything else. Money cannot and should not replace our friends and family. After all, they are the ones who support us throughout and celebrate our victories: big or small. You cannot even feel at peace, if your relationships are not satisfying. Do spend a little time with your loved ones.
- Being grateful! – Instead of counting what you do not have, start counting what you have. Look around yourself: what are the things that you are grateful for? Are you grateful for beauty in your life? What are the things that you are grateful for, for their beauty? What are the technological aspects that you are grateful for? Think about it; the list is endless.
- Taking care of yourself! – You have a lot of responsibility in your life. After all, your future life depends on today. Your work is important but so is yourself; you must show yourself that you care. Warm-soak your feet in a tub of warm water to thank your feet for enabling you to stand and walk after a hard day. Buy yourself presents. Believe me, you deserve it! Not only are your parents growing old but you are too. Nourish your body with the right kind of food; nourish your body with love!
- Staying positive!– The world is a huge place and there is no limit to what you can do. There might be a lot of fits and starts to begin with but they will lead you somewhere. Do not get discouraged by the little mishaps. They happen because we need to learn. Take them as stepping stones but not as rock boulders that cannot be removed. ‘Shoot for the moon, even if you miss it, you will land among the stars.’
You could make this stage of your life the most memorable one. Why not making it count so that when you look back, you have nothing to regret?