Things that you think should be changed in Indian Politics

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Woman, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Woman

Woman New Member

Indian Politics is one of its kinds every day we see so many things taking place among the political parties but most of the stuff is quite disappointing only because everyone seems to create a fuss of the things. Sometimes I really wonder that if our politics can actually become good and wise I mean particularly our politicians can even be serious about running wise governance for the country? I really do have many things in my mind which I think should be changed within our Indian politics if we really wish to have a wise and prolific government.

Dishonesty and Corruption: corruption and dishonesty is one of those things which I truly feel have jinxed our politics. Every day there is a new scandal/scam being observed against our politicians. Dishonesty prevails among them like a natural feature there are no honest dealings and tackling of issues. Our politicians should become fair, honest and non-corrupted, what say?

Bullying and Disrespect: there are certain politicians who seem to be completely engrossed in bullying other political members of other parties. Their whole focus is set upon how to degrade the other party and its members. This is very degrading to see Indian leaders and politicians following menial ways to disrespect their companions for the sake of publicity and fake name.

Individualism: every party and its member are just concerned for their images but consider the growth of the country as their mutual agenda. They rather see it as a race or competition in which no other party should go further and their dominance should prevail among the general public. I feel our politicians rarely think as a whole for the country, and see their entry into politics as a way to their personal growth.

Friends, do you agree with my aforesaid points?

What else you think should be changed in our Indian politics? Let’s have a discussion over it.

2. Shreyy

Shreyy New Member

While I completely agree with the above mentioned changes that should be made in politics, there is another important point I would like to highlight.

The blame-game nature of politics.
    What is really important? To dig up issues of past and keep on heckling over it or collectively think about the solutions to prevailing problems of India. I still remember how the election for Prime Ministerial candidate was a massacre. The whole thing went down to the level of a wrestling show where the inferior parties were waiting to take advantage of the situation. Does it really help? Ofcourse criticism is healthy but it must be practiced in a constructive way. The biggest mistake a politician could do is blame the other party for its failures while glorifying its achievements.

Satabdi Roy likes this.